Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Best Things In Life.....

Come in threes, like friends, dreams, and memories. Im sorry, I dont know the author..please let me know if you do so I can give credit where its due. ;)

I made my first memory board earlier this week and for some reason I couldnt find the words to post about it..{and if you know me, you know that's rare}. But I knew soon enough something would inspire me and sure enough it did. Little did I know the words would come after a harsh reminder of how important it is to take every precious moment and cherish them.

A sweet little boy named Corby was in a four-wheeler accident yesterday evening and was life-flighted due to extensive injuries. As a mom of a boy his age who has a four-wheeler, I could only imagine the fear and pain of being the parent holding his hand feeling so helpless.

I took this as an urgent opportunity to sit down with my little blue belt last night and talk to him about safety, pleading that he always wear his helmet and be as careful as possible. It was also an opportunity to pray with my son...something I am learning to do right along with my kids. It was also a reminder to me to not take things for granted. I really try hard not too... but life just gets in the way sometimes.....

So here is my very first memory board...whadda ya think? I have to say I truly enjoyed making this because I LOVE working with tools and this one required a staple gun. Arrgh! Arrgh! Just call me Tim the Tool Man Taylor!

Thank you Jennifer for your order, I hope your daughter fills it with memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment