Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

Has it really been 10 days since my last post?! Where has April gone?
Hmm... quick catch up.. the flowers are blooming, the birds have been singing, the spiders are crawling, and my snails...amazingly...are still alive and seem pretty happy. Gary 1 ate an entire piece of lettuce the other day and passed out, stretched out of his shell, on his side, in the flower pot I put in there (after he ate my plant.) Who knew snails ate so much? They're like dogs..they see me come to the window and they start racing {as fast as a snail can go...which isnt fast, obviously...hence, slow as a snail}, but they cant wait to be fed. So far they love lettuce, wont touch the fiber cereal they supposedly need, kinda like egg shell, and drink ALOT of water. Gonna try carrots tomorrow. Mainly cause I need to do something with them...they apparently dont last forever. I know, I know, the title said Teacher Appreciation...but its 11:00 at night {do you see a pattern for when I can work?} and every one is asleep, and well... I like to talk... so who better to jabber to than someone that cant talk back? hee-hee
So on to appreciating our Teachers... It will soon be Teacher Appreciation Week {May 2-8 to be exact} and what better way to say thank you than a hand-made card from you! ~signed by your little one so they get all the credit!~ haha
These cards were handed out by my little credit takers to their AWANAS leaders at church tonight, and I had so much fun making them!



I took a 6 x 12 sheet of cardstock and cut it in half. I then punched holes along the sides and put ribbon in various patterns along the side. I used my cricut to cut out the flowers, but you can trace or draw and cut out with scissors any design you like.... hearts, stars, etc. On the top one, I hot-glued a piece of tulle and placed a scrapbooking decorative flower in the center. I then let the kids write their own message inside and sign them.
These turned out to be a much appreciated gift from the heart!
These also make great Mother's Day cards. Happy crafting! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment